We will accept applications for the 2019 business fair in April 2019. Please check back then to access the online application form.
1. Please submit one application for each business. Children working as a group should submit one application that includes each child’s information. No more than 3 participants per business.
2. Applicants must be between the ages of 6 and 14 on May 12, 2018.
3. Parents may help their child fill out the application, but we expect the children to do as much as possible by themselves.
4. Applications are due by 11:59 pm ET on Sunday, April 15, 2018. We will email decision notifications shortly after that date.
5. We will collect a $10 participation fee from all accepted businesses. The fee will be collected at the start of the business fair, when the young entrepreneurs check in.
When selecting businesses to participate in the business fair, we look for:
1. Complete applications, with all questions answered.
2. Evidence that the application and the business are the work of the child and not the adult—we don’t expect polished applications!
3. Plans by the young entrepreneur to pay back any loans/financial assistance he/she may receive.
We will also seek, as much as possible, to have a balance of ages and genders at the business fair.
Please Note: This event is designed to give children the experience of creating a business and selling a product or service. Adults, please remember to keep this about the children. Let the application and the business reflect your child at her/his best, not your best. Let her make mistakes and learn from them. Let him problem solve and come up with his own solutions. Your job is to maintain enthusiasm and provide encouragement.